Friday 25 September 2009

What Betty are after for a video

Today i had a meeting with the band and discussed everything, from what they're doing at the moment, what song they want a video for and how they want it to look.

In the meeting Betty told me how they have been approached by local record company, Morph Recordings and Morph have told them they want to release Bettys first single. but to go with it they want a promotional music video. Morph suggested a few directors but Betty had seen some of my other work and wanted to give me the opportunity.

Betty and Morph decided that the song 'Slits on your wrists' was the best too be released. The song is about an emo girl that is obsessed with a guy in her favorite band. It makes a lot of in joke style stabs at the emo genre and mocks it in general. 

I was told that they wanted the video to amplify the lyrics and to follow the story quite closely but other than that they gave me creative rein over the project, this added to my excitement for doing this project because it meant i could essentially do what i wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment