Thursday 24 September 2009

Previous Commissions

I have previously been commissioned by Sawston Cinema, Tony Jones as part of the cambridge film festival and Jenny Grahame, editor of Media Magazine.

  1. I was commissioned by Sawston cinema in autumn of 2008 to produce a Logo for the cinema, i came up with several ideas for them but none they liked. They decided to look else where for a logo in the end. I felt i did the best i could with what they gave me, but they were very vague with what they wanted and very picky on what i gave them, but gave me no real feedback.
  2. Tony Jones Commissioned me in May of 2009 to produce a show reel comprised of Archive footage from 1950's -1980's cambridge, silent comedy like buster keaton and footage from long road projects to be projected in empty shops to try and liven them up and make them look less of an eyesore. This commission went better than the first. it was a painstaking process to sort thorough all the footage and not a very inspiring project but it was a commission and i did as i was asked.
  3. In November 2008 i was commission by Jenny Grahame to write an article on Freedom for Media Magazine. This commission was an interesting one because i was able to write about what ever i wanted as long as it related to Freedom in some way. I chose to write about the freedom of music, and had my article published. I found the freedom of this commission much more inspiring and there fore found it far easier to do better work.

No comments:

Post a Comment